Welcome to Kentucky Distillers’ Association website (the “Website”), which is owned and operated by Kentucky Distillers Association (“KDA” or “we”) and forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Use that govern your use of the Website.
- What Information is Collected. We currently collect only Non-personal information on the Website. Non-personal Information is any information that does not identify you individually (such as group demographics) or does not permit a direct association with an individual. Non-personal Information may include information derived from Personal Information that has been de-personalized by removing unique identifiers and/or combining it with information about other users to form aggregated data. For example, we may collect web browsing history related to the Website, date and times of visits to the Website, date and number of videos viewed through the Website, and/or IP address associated with your device(s)
- How Information is Collected. We collect some information automatically as you navigate the Website. For example, we collect traffic data (such as information about how much time visitors spend on the Website or each page, etc.), collect and log “clickstream data” (such as internet protocol addresses, pages visited, clicks made, videos watched, courses completed, and similar information) and information about your computer and internet connection (such as IP address, operating system, and browser type) for all visitors. This sort of information is generally considered Non-personal Information. We may combine information about your use with information about others’ use to generate aggregated Non-personal Information about visitors as a group. KDA may collect information through “cookies” and other technology, such as clear GIF technology (also known as a “web beacon”). This Website employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Website, recognize you, and track your Website usage.
- “Web beacons” are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that assist in delivering cookies. Web beacons help KDA determine whether a page on this Website has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Website, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon. We may also use web beacons in email messages to determine what the recipient has done with the message. Although you cannot decline to receive web beacons when visiting a web page, you can choose not to receive web beacons by email if you disable HTML images or refuse HTML email messages.
- Do Not Track. The Website does not respond to do-not-track signals from browsers or other similar mechanisms. While KDA (with the assistance of its service providers) does collect information about Your use of the Website for its own use, KDA does not permit third party advertisers to collect personally identifiable information about Your online activities for their own use when You use the Website. Except as described above, KDA does not permit third-party behavioral tracking or any other third-party data collection through the Website.
- How We Use the Information. Generally, KDA uses information to improve, administer, customize, and/or maintain the Website, to build relationships with you and other users, and to conduct market research and analysis. We may use your Non-personal Information to offer, market and advertise to you via the Website. We may use Non-personal Information to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves. KDA does not place any restrictions on the use of Non-personal Information.
- Data Security. You acknowledge agree that KDA shall not be liable for any security breach that results from causes or events that are beyond KDA’s control (such as acts of God, hacking, terrorism, power outages, defects in third party (including dealers’) security products and services, your own acts and omissions, and other similar events beyond KDA’s control).
- Disclosure to Third Parties.
- Sharing Information. KDA does not place any restrictions on the use or disclosure of Non-personal Information. KDA may share it with anyone for any purpose.
- California. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, KDA does not currently collect personal information.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 on our Website. If we discover that any information is collected from a child under the age of 13, such information will be immediately and permanently removed from our Website.
- Contact Information.