Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse Opens on Fourth Street Live in Louisville
Interactive Visitors’ Experience Invites Guests to
Experience the World’s No. 1 Bourbon in a New Way
Louisville, KY – October 1, 2015 – Beam Suntory, the world’s leading Bourbon maker, today celebrated the grand opening of Jim Beam’s new visitors’ experience in the heart of Louisville’s Fourth Street entertainment district. The Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse not only establishes a highly visible presence for the world’s No. 1 Bourbon in the most vibrant tourist destination in Louisville, but also offers guests a hands-on bourbon experience unlike any other.
“For more than 220 years, Jim Beam Bourbon has made history and continues to do so by opening its first visitors’ destination outside of our flagship distillery,” said Kevin Smith, Vice President, Kentucky Beam Bourbon Affairs. “We’ve taken the brand’s rich heritage and put an urban spin on it, offering guests an interactive Bourbon experience coupled with a retail location, right here in downtown Louisville. The Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse is another place Jim Beam fans can call home as an extension of our Jim Beam American Stillhouse experience in Clermont, Ky.”
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer joined 7th generation Master Distiller Fred Noe, company leaders and local dignitaries to officially open the doors and commemorate Jim Beam’s unwavering commitment to the Bourbon industry – an industry it helped create when Jacob Beam made his first Bourbon whiskey in Kentucky in 1795.
“Bourbon is one of Kentucky’s most historic and treasured industries – a thriving $3 billion economic engine that generates more than 15,400 jobs with an annual payroll topping $700 million, and $166 million in tax revenue every year,” Gov. Beshear said. “With the opening of the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse in downtown Louisville, the company is once again raising the profile of our Bourbon industry and giving visitors another great reason to come to Louisville.”
“We are happy to see Jim Beam expand its footprint in downtown Louisville,” added Fischer. “Fourth Street is a booming destination for tourists from near and far, and places like the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse offer a great opportunity to spotlight Kentucky’s heritage while driving increased visitors to Kentucky Bourbon distilleries.”
Located 25 miles from its flagship distillery in Clermont, Ky., the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse operates as a small working distillery and visitors’ experience like no other, with special features that include:
- A distillation system showcasing a small copper pot still with a unique rectifying column and see-through glass vapor condenser.
- Interactive displays and décor that immerse Bourbon enthusiasts in the Jim Beam® brand and educate them on the fine nuances of whisky making;
- A one-of-a-kind tasting bar crafted from reclaimed wood and designed to reflect barrel staves and flowing Bourbon;
- A sculptural American Oak tree built from barrel staves. The tree features a canopy crafted from laser-cut steel leaves and illuminated Jim Beam bottles, symbolic of the First Family of Bourbon;
- A full retail store offering branded items, as well an opportunity for guests to label, fill and customize their own bottle of the site’s exclusive Bourbon offering, Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse Select:
- Jim Beam® Urban Stillhouse Select – Distilled and bottled exclusively for the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse in the heart of Louisville’s 4th Street Live, the Bourbon is extra-aged Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. At 100 proof (50% alc./vol.), this ultra-premium Bourbon offers hints of bold oak notes with fruit and tobacco. Additionally, the Bourbon is not chill filtered to impart a richer, full-bodied tasting experience. The only Jim Beam Bourbon to feature a steel stamped logo on the bottle, Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse Select is available in 375ml and 750ml sizes (SRP: $29.99 and $45.99 respectively).
The Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse is located in 4,300 square feet of space on the street level beneath Beam Suntory’s Louisville office at 408 S. Fourth Street. It is open Monday – Thursday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
For more information, visit the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse online at www.JimBeam.com or like Jim Beam® Bourbon on Facebook and follow the brand on Twitter via #UrbanStillhouse to learn what’s going on at the Urban Stillhouse.
About Beam Suntory Inc.
As the world’s third largest premium spirits company, Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits Brands that Stir the World. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company’s brands, including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker’s Mark bourbon brands and Suntory whisky Kakubin, as well as world renowned premium brands including Knob Creek bourbon, Yamazaki, Hakushu and Hibiki Japanese whiskies, Teacher’s, Laphroaig, and Bowmore Scotch whiskies, Canadian Club whisky, Courvoisier cognac, Sauza tequila, Pinnacle vodka, and Midori liqueur.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and commitment to Growing for Good. Headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan. For more information on Beam Suntory, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit www.beamsuntory.com and www.drinksmart.com.
# # #
Jennifer Nau Lana Ohs
JSH&A Communications Beam Suntory Inc.
P: 630.932.7987 P: 847.444.7844
E: email@example.com E: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2015 Beam Suntory Inc. Deerfield, IL
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.