Keeneland’s Famous Bread Pudding
Recipe by Marc Therrien, Executive Chef of Keeneland Hospitality
You haven’t really been to Keeneland until you’ve had their famous bread pudding drenched in Bourbon sauce so dreamy you want to bathe in it. Now you can bring the horse races to you with Keeneland’s official recipe. This bread pudding also makes a great addition to any Derby party!
- Bread Pudding:
- 8 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 Sister Schubert rolls, cut into 1 in. cubes
- 1 cups golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Bourbon Sauce
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cups Kentucky Bourbon (Keeneland uses Maker’s Mark)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and sugar, add eggs, vanilla and mix well. Mix in diced bread and soak for several hours.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees, spray a 13 x 9 x 2 in. baking pan.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan, garnish top with raisins and cinnamon, make sure to press in the raisins.
- Bake until firm in center, about 1.5 hours.
- Place softened butter in a mixing bowl and add the powdered sugar, whip until well blended, slowly trickling the Bourbon in.
- Spread the thick sauce over the warm bread pudding and serve. Get your bets in before the call to post!